Car Battery Service & Repair
Battery Repair & Service in Freeport, IL
Here at Barkau Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Freeport, we are your go-to repair shop for all things concerning your car’s battery! Our certified technicians are ready to repair any issue! Schedule a Service Appointment with us in Freeport, IL today!
How Do I Know When My Car Battery Needs To Be Replaced?
Like all parts, batteries run their course. Most will last up to five years, depending on conditions and how often you drive. Signs of an aging battery include an audible slow crank when you attempt to start your engine, a lit check engine/battery light or the strange odor of rotten eggs.
If you have any concerns, come visit us Barkau Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Freeport. Plus, each Mopar battery we install features the latest technologies in design and engineering. They provide dependable power to today’s high-technology vehicles across a wide range of conditions.
Why Should I Visit Barkau Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Freeport?
It has never been more important to ensure your technician is familiar with your specific vehicle’s battery needs. And no one knows your Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram vehicle better than our certified technicians at Barkau Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Freeport.
Other benefits of a Barkau battery installation include:
- Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts
- Full-service maintenance and repair facility
- Parts and labor warranties
- Clean, comfortable waiting areas with free Wi-Fi
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
Tips for Improving Car Battery Life:
- Make Sure Your Battery is Tightly Fastened. A battery that is not properly fastened can vibrate, which can lead to internal damage and short circuits.
- Don’t Use Electronics While Idling. Turning off functions like the radio or air conditioner while the engine is not running puts less stress on the battery.
- Limit Short Rides. Quick car rides prevent your car battery from fully charging. Car batteries recharge at longer distances, and will receive a full recharge after approximately 8 hours of use.
- Avoid Extreme Temperatures When Possible. Extreme hot and cold temperatures can shorten your battery’s life. Hot temperatures can evaporate battery fluid, while cold temperatures can cause self-discharge, which can lead to a dead battery.
- Test your car battery frequently. Knowing the condition of your battery helps you keep track on how well your are maintaining your battery, and when you are due for a new one.
Barkau Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Freeport Service
700 E South St
Freeport, IL 61032
It’s quick, easy, and convenient. Schedule your next maintenance appointment today.